Proud parents Naser (Navid) and Lara are pleased to announce the birth of Alexander Najib on March 14, 2008 at 4:03 pm . He was 19.5 inches long, and weighed 7 pounds, 13.7 ounces at birth.
We entered the hospital early in the morning on the 14th and mom and baby had a “textbook” labor for most of the day. But as soon as it came time to push, the baby’s heart rate plummeted. So the doctors decided to do an emergency C-section. It only took 7 minutes from the decision until they made the first incision! (Probably 7 of the scariest minutes of my life, I have to say!) The C-section saved baby Alex’s life, because the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and one of his legs. But he entered the world healthy and crying.
All of us are doing well. Navid and I are amazed by how much we love this precious little guy. We’re also learning how to function while sleep-deprived! I’m recovering pretty well, though my body still reminds me several times a day that I did have major surgery and need to take things easy. I can walk around just fine, but can’t lift anything heavier than the baby, and can’t drive for 3-4 weeks. My mother has been staying with us, which has been a huge blessing and help.
Alexander is doing very well. We went for a checkup when he was 5 days old. The nurse said that at that age most babies are still losing weight. But not Alex! He had already surpassed his birth weight, and from his lowest weight he had gained 7.5 ounces. He’s eating well, and a lot, and is very healthy.
Our first family photo!

No comments:
Post a Comment