Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another milestone. Sigh!

So, Alex is in the process of reaching another milestone, pulling himself to standing. Please don't get me wrong--I'm very happy that he is growing so fast and learning how to do all of these things. I just wish he would take his time a bit between them, instead of trying to do them all at once! I put him down for his nap, and came back in to see this happening:


Of course, I lowered the mattress to the lowest setting as soon as he woke up. (Yes, hard to believe, but he did fall asleep mere minutes after the video was taken.)

I spend much of the morning coming to his rescue. I put him down by his toys. He immediately crawled over to the chair and started to pull himself up. He got to a standing position, holding on to the support bar under the seat. Then he started to cry like crazy because he had no way down. As soon as I rescued him and put him back down, he started all over again! Right now I am trying to remind myself that persistence really is a good thing!

No comments: