Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby Kisses

It is precious beyond words when Alex kisses me. More often than not, he does it when I'm picking him up after his nap or when he has been crying. He grabs my face or hair to pull me close, and smooshes his open mouth into my cheek. So sweet, and yet so slobbery! He also kissed Grandma yesterday when we were out to eat, and it made us all laugh.


Last week I also saw him kiss the frog hanging from his little play gym. I told him not to expect it to turn into a princess--the stories just don't work that way.


Most amusing to me, though, is the other frequent recipient of his affection.....himself. When he catches sight of himself in one of the small mirrors on his toys or books, he grabs the mirror and brings it close to kiss it. My son, the narcissist! Here he is trying to give himself a big smooch.

2 comments:

Becky & Kendra said...

lara, thanks for the comment! i'm actually glad you did, because i (kendra) was looking for your blog the other day,but i couldn't remember the name of it, so i had no luck. alex is adorable :) as for the self-love he's been finding in the mirror lately, maybe the next book from the library should be about narcissus? i know he's still little, but you never know, the message might still sink in.

-kendra

Lara said...

Good idea, Kendra! I wonder if they have any Greek mythology board books?