Recently Alex is learning to share. Well, somewhat! If you ask him to give you a toy he is playing with, he'll usually put it into your hand, but not release it from his grasp. But if you ask for his food, he will cheerfully give it to you. In fact, he'll offer it to you without being asked. This is very sweet. Alex fed me some of his peaches last week, and thought it was pretty funny that I took the food from his fingers. He fed his Daddy a banana for breakfast a few days ago, but when he realized that he didn't keep any for himself, he tried to take the banana out of Navid's mouth!
As Alex and I were wandering through Target I realized that there is a downside to all this sharing. I was wearing him in the baby carrier, and he was facing me. He was getting a little cranky, so I started to feed him some crackers. I didn't want to worry about crumbs, so I put the bite sized crackers directly into his mouth. He decided to share, so he reached into his mouth, pulled out a soggy cracker, and tried to put it directly into my mouth. Yuck! I certainly don't want to discourage him from sharing, but my neck was stretched to about twice its usual length as I tried to avoid his goopy little fingers. "Thank you so much," I told him, "but I'm just not hungry now. You eat it!"

No comments:
Post a Comment