Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Sweetest Things

  • Alex's smile and the way his eyes light up whenever he sees me. One day I was making dinner, and he was in his bouncy seat on top of the table. I turned away for a few seconds to stir something, and then when I looked at him he gave me a huge smile. This went on for a long time, and every time I looked back at him, he gave me a smile and an excited body-wiggle as if he hadn't seen me in days. This is simply adorable! I know this won't last forever (can you imagine a teenager getting so excited every time he sees his parents?), so I'm trying to enjoy it while it's here.

  • He has started initiating hugs. When I'm laying next to him, he turns to his side, reaches out both arms, and pulls me close. Sometimes he'll grab my shirt to pull me in. Today I saw him do the same thing to his stuffed dog. So cute!

  • Sometimes he sings himself to sleep.

  • The expression he gets when he has had enough to eat: his eyes close, he sticks his chin up, and he puckers his lips. Too bad I'll never capture this on film!

No comments: