Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Talking and some new things

Here's one of Alex talking. The last two days he has been talking a lot more than usual. But not always to people. Last night before he fell asleep, and this morning as I was putting my contacts in, I heard him talking to himself: "hey, hey, ha, awa, ah, ah, ah." This video is just a short snippet of one of his conversations; he tends to get shy when the camera is on.



Alex has developed a fascination with the tv remote control. When it is on the couch near him, he just stares fixedly at it. When I pick it up and hold it near him, he mostly looks closely at everything on it, and only very occasionally reaches out his hands to touch it. He even talks to it. I don't understand the fascination, but he holds longish one-sided conversations with the remote. What a strange boy!

He is starting to grab for his toys, and also pulls up his legs and rolls around more when he is playing on his back. It won't be long now before he's rolling himself over!

He has been napping a lot more the last two days, since our trip to Sacramento. I guess it tired him out! Or maybe he's having another growth spurt, because they seem to take a lot out of him. The long car ride to Sacramento may have done some good, though. I took him to Hayward yesterday, which is about 25 minutes away. He did extremely well on the ride over there, playing quietly with his elephant toy and then falling asleep. On the way back he was much fussier, but still didn't cry as much or as loudly as he used to in the car. Progress!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Thanks for keeping the blog with photos and pictures. I am sure you guys are head over heels in love with Alex. I pray for you all daily. Sorry I haven't been home the last times you have called, but you are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

Scott in Athens