- Alex was taking a nap, and he started to cry. I went in to comfort him, and his eyes were closed but he was crying and trying to suck his thumb. I picked him up, but that didn't help. I let him suck on my finger, but that didn't help. Finally, I took him over to the bed and started to feed him. He ate for a few minutes, then opened his eyes. Then his eyes got really wide, and he startled, because he was surprised to see me there. I think he had been asleep the whole time, and only woke up after eating for a while. But that look in his eyes was priceless: Mommy, how did you get there?
- Alex soiled his diaper, and did it fairly spectacularly. I don't know how he did it, but he leaked out of the top front of the diaper. I was cleaning him up when Navid came home. I yelled out, "Good timing, because someone here really needs a bath!" So Navid took over at the changing table and I went into the bathroom to ready the bath. A few minutes later Navid came in and placed Alex in the bath. He then leaned over and kissed Alex on the tummy, right where the leak had been. I told him, "Don't kiss him there--that's exactly why he needs the bath." Navid looked completely grossed out, and went to clean off his mouth. He then asked Alex: "I kissed you there hundreds of times just now. Why didn't you warn me?"
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Amusing
Two things happened today that I thought were amusing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment