I often hear Navid telling Alex just how much he loves him. "You have right to do anything you want," he tells our son. "You even have right to poop on my face."
Well, tonight Alex decided to test that claim.
I was busy typing a letter on the computer, and the guys were playing on the floor near me. Navid was laying face up on the floor, with Alex straddling his neck and pulling his hair. This is one of their favorite games. I wasn't paying much attention to them, so it took me a few seconds to hear Navid sputtering. I initially thought that Alex must have spit up into Navid's mouth again, but then I listened to what he was saying. "Take him," he implored me. "He pooped in my mouth."
I ran over to grab Alex, who looked fine from the back. But then I saw the rivulets of poop running down each leg, dropping onto Navid's face. It had dripped into his mouth, filled up his nose, and ran past his ear into his hair line. We all ran to the bathroom in record time. Navid spat everything out of his mouth, jumped in the shower to scrub vigorously, and used copious amounts of mouth wash. (Apparently, and unsurprisingly, baby poop doesn't taste very good.) Alex and I detoured to the changing table, where I used wipes to clean off some of the worst damage. Then back to the bathroom for his second bath of the night.
Once Alex was sweet smelling and clad in a clean onesie, I took him out to the living room to apologize to his daddy. Navid took Alex into his arms and told him, "You don't need to apologize, my son. I love you. You can even do it again if you need to." Now that's love.
Note: this picture is not from tonight!

2 comments:
Serves dad right for giving Alexander the idea!
Well, yes, that point could be argued. :) Maybe his comprehension is even better than we think it is!
Post a Comment